After being annoyed by Rapidshares policy of doing anything to make me pay up for its services , i set out on a quest in the vast Internet village to find a good alternative to Rapidshare.
I was surprised to find few file sharing sites that had no restrictions and which did not prohibit or delay certain the services by categorizing users into Premium users and free users.
(earlier known as mihd.net) , a simple and clean looking site that offers an upload capacity of 100MB per file for Guest users and 250MB per file for Free Registered Users
Other features include :
- There are no download limits .
- Download accelerators could be used .
- Downloads can be resumed.
- No annoying Ads .
- No waiting times.
Read their FAQs to know more about them .
All free accounts! No Premium accounts!!
This is their motto !
Highlighted features :
- The maximum file upload size is 200 MB.
- Accepts parallel downloads! no waiting !!
- No waiting time.
- And one more special mention about ziddu ,
- For each unique download, you will get $0.001 !!!
- Redeemed cash will be transferred via PayPal or Moneybookers once it reaches $10.
10000 Unique Downloads: $10 USD
50000 Unique Downloads: $50 USD
100000 Unique Downloads: $100 USD
500000 Unique Downloads: $500 USD
1000000 Unique Downloads: $1000 USD
- You will get $0.10 Referral Bonus, when someone joins with Ziddu through your referral link and uploads his first file.
One annoying feature i found in ziddu is the advertisements in their site . Also at times , you are prompted of a wrong entry even if you enter the correct CAPTCHA code displayed there.
On the whole , i see iFile and Ziddu as excellent alternatives to Rapidshare.
And if you are still not convinced , then read < this >.
Additional readings :