Nokia has unveiled its second touch screen phone –N97, as a successor to N96.Its capabilties are far superior to the 5800 XpressMusic and Nokia calls it the “Mobile Computer ” .
N97 major features :
- sliding keyboard that tilts out from the side of the phone for typing.
- 3.5-inch, 640×360 touchscreen.
- 5-megapixel camera with a better flash,which also records DVD-quality video.
- 32GB of built-in flash memory.
- A card slot gives room for yet another 16GB of space.
Design-wise the phone looks more like Sony Ericsson’s Xperia X1.The Nokia Web browser on the N97 supports Flash and Flash video, something that Apple’s Safari browser doesn’t support.
This phone which cost 550 Euros, or nearly $700, is considered by Nokia as the perfect rival for Apple’s iPhone.
Meanwhile, Nokia has warned that its market shares may drop again and is already implementing job cuts .Nokia has lost 38 percent of the smartphone market this summer and can pin the blame largely on iPhone 3G’s appearance this July.However, Nokia is optimistic that it can regain smartphone share in particular and expects an overall increase in 2009 helped in part by its first touchscreen smartphone, the N97.