Google Chrome is a free web browser developed by Google and based on the WebKit layout engine and application framework. It currently has a share of about 1% of the browser market. It was first released as a beta version for Microsoft Windows on September 2, 2008. The name is derived from the graphical user interface frame, or “chrome”, of web browsers.
Google has now removed Chrome out of beta status after being satisfied with its stability and performance goals .Google was and continues to be eager to get Chrome out to many people, Beta or not. They advertise for it using AdSense, they show special links on YouTube pages, and last not least, they promoted Chrome on their homepage.
Chrome Features include:
- Tabbed browsing where each tab gets its own process, leading to faster and more stable browsing. If one tab crashes, the whole browser doesn’t go down with it.
- A distinct user interface that places tabs on top of the browser window instead of right below the address bar.
- An “incognito” mode that lets you browse the web in complete privacy because it doesn’t record any of your activity.
- Malware and phishing lists that automatically update themselves and warn you of bad websites.
- A default homepage that displays your most commonly used sites and other personalized information .
Additional Links :