One fine day

All was fine until that day came. Earlier,I have been using pirated softwares in my system(just as every other user in India does) and i had to pay for all that on one fine day. I had downloaded Avast Pro Antivirus from torrents. You can see them all listed here. I dont remember the exact torrent i downloaded from among them. It had quite a handful of seeders and leechers(!) and had no comments on it posted by anyone who downloaded it, sufficient enough for anyone to believe that its a safe torrent. It downloaded well without any problem. I installed the setup file that came with the package, but when i clicked the crack executable my system restarted unusually and suspicion sparked in me. And thereafter my system was terribly affected by some virus and i was in a fix not knowing what to do. Then Linux came to my rescue. I had a dual boot of XP and Mandriva. I logged into Mandriva, installed AVG antivirus and scanned my Windows partitions through the Terminal. Almost all the executable files in XP seemed to have been affected by a worm named Tanatos. That information was sufficient for me to download and install the Tanatos remover software provided by AVG. You can download it(rmtanat.exe) here. AVG for Linux just does the scanning part and no virus removal functions. From then on i decided to make my system free from pirated softwares. And my quest to find freewares equivalent to the commercial editions led to identifying excellent freewares. Some of which I use are:

JZip (an alternative to WinZip and Winrar)

CDBurnerXP (an alternative to Nero)

Avira antivirus personal edition(best free antivirus )

and the list would keep going on …. So wake up and make your system safe and all my thanks to tanatos 😉

IE issue: The back button and the HTML form

Recently, while working on my first JSP project i noticed that, while testing a form in Internet Explorer8,  whenever i navigated back to a form using the back button(either the one you coded or the one provided by IE browser)the form fields remained uncleared, except the password field(Thank God!). The form i coded is one that updates an Ms-Access database.Duplicate entries in field corresponding to the primary key of my database would throw an error.

The reason why IE has not cleared the form field is because of its caching technique. Googling on this problem led me to this Microsoft webpage.

I tried the solution prescribed by them  but was not successful. I even tried calling a Javascript function when submit button is pressed.This function submits the form values to the intended destination page and then resets the form fields.This technique did not succeed either.

So my verdict is please switch over to Mozilla Firefox, because it is very developer friendly and of course user friendly. Firefox rocks!!

The  following  sites may also help you:

* Clear a form on a web page after the details have been submitted….

* Clear cache of form’s field

* self clearing forms